Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Oh, boring administrative tasks...

I've spent several days to produce something which includes creative design and also boring data entry and editing. I have been doing it by myself because I love the design part but I hate the menial administrative stuffs. Tonight I was told by someone a great idea which I have been so foolish not to even think about it: GETTING SOMEBODY ELSE TO DO IT! In this case, I can empower my idle students who can be made interested to the job I'm doing.

I wonder how such a simple but brilliant idea was not even thought of by my neurons. From this moment on, I learn something very important. I HAVE LIMITED TIME AND ENERGY YET SO MANY IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO. I HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT I WORK ON THINGS WHICH ARE CHALLENGING, SUITABLE TO MY CAPACITY AND GREAT FOR IMPROVING MYSELF. WHENEVER I COME TO BORING ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS WHICH UNDERVALUE MY VALUABLE RESOURCES, THEN I GOTTA FIND OTHER PEOPLE TO DO THEM. IF NOT, PAY THEM. I'D BETTER LOSE MONEY TO BUY TIME AND HIGHER ACHIEVEMENTS. MY BRAIN AND BODY ARE WORTH MATTERS OF HIGHER IMPORTANCE AND VALUE.

THE KEYWORD HERE IS DELEGATION.

No comments: