Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My reflections on Mandala Tragedy

On the morning of September 5, 2005, a plane of Mandala Airlines carrying about 120 passengers including the Governor of North Sumatera failed to take off, fell to the highway of Jamin Ginting Padang Bulan Medan and exploded. At that hour, I was taking a shower in the bathroom.

Here are some of my reflections on the tragedy.
  • Anyone who says that our future is absolutely in our own hands is absolutely wrong. It is God who holds our future. Planning without praying has little meaning.
  • I will die someday, sooner or later, even tomorrow and an hour to come. Not only me. Everyone is. The question is how this fact affects how I live my life.
  • It is not important how long you live. The most important is how you live and what you live for.
  • It is not important how and when you die. The most important is what you die for and where you go after you die.

No comments: