Sunday, July 31, 2005

Weekly Digest (310705)

What differences have I made last week than the last two weeks?
  • I think I've made better improvements on how I performed. I almost always have stayed at office at 17-20 PM, usually for writing emails and blogs, or having discussions with students.
  • I have not been able to catch up with the sunrise. I should do better.
  • I asked more questions, many times on things that I observe everyday. The result was that I gained more ideas than before.
  • I have got more victories than losses in the daily spiritual battefields last week. But reducing the number of losses should always be on top of my list.
  • My student groups under my supervision are doing a good job on their final projects. Of course there were still corrections but overall, they are good, I think.
  • I think I have spent more time for uproductive chats, especially when others come to me and start the conversation. I need to find decent ways to excuse myself from the conversation without getting somebody pissed off.
What lessons have I learned this week?
  • I learnt that it's important to always see the positive sides of every persons I met. They may behave in ways which are unusual for me and they have reasons for that. The point is stop making assumptions on people without directly ask them the reasons they are doing that. But it'salso important that you retain the right to disagree or agree with them, with what they say.
  • I learned the skill of delegation. In order to be more efficient, delegating tasks which are not on my top-priority list to others will give me extra time to do more important jobs.
  • I learned how to motivate others. I come to the computer labs to meet my student groups on the spot, seeing how they made progress. I also learned how to create fun and enjoyable athmosphere for them doing their final projects.
  • I learned that optimism can be infused and spread to others through daily interactions. Unfortunately, the same thing applies also to pessimism. But in my opinion, being realistic doesn't automatically mean pessimistic.
How should I live the next seven days?
  • Wake up earlier to be much luckier. This is your main mission for the next seven days. Many people in Jakarta wake up at 5 AM only to spend three hours doing nothing but driving their car or sitting in bus, rushing to their offices and doing exacly the same in the afternoon. In this case, you are luckier.
  • Keep on writing. You've already had some topics to write about next month.
  • Read last week's weekly digest and see where you have not been successful.
  • Be fun and be an agent of optimism. The reward is guaranteed.
  • Be mindful of your weight, but don't torture yourself.

No comments: