Sunday, July 24, 2005

Insights from Inside (240705)Teach Me Thy Way, O Lord

O Lord, I know you are there and you know me better than I do myself. You know all my struggles and you are the holder of the future. I believe there is no other better life I can have than that you have prepared and planned for me before the beginning of the universe. Teach me thy way, O Lord.

--

Teach Me Thy Way, O Lord

B. Mansell Ramsey

Teach me Thy way, O Lord, teach me Thy way
Thy guiding grace afford, teach me Thy way
Help me to walk aright more by faith, less by sight
Lead me with heav'nly light, teach me Thy way

When I am sad at heart, teach me Thy way
When earthly joys depart, teach me Thy way
In hours of loneliness, in times of dire distress
In failure or success, teach me Thy way

When doubts and fears arise, teach me Thy way
When storms o'er spread the skies, teach me Thy way
Shine thro' the cloud and rain, thro' sorrow, toil and pain
Make Thou my pathway plain, teach me Thy way

Long as my life shall be lost, teach me Thy way
Where'er my lost be cast, teach me Thy way
Until the race is run, until the journey's done
Until the crown is won, teach me Thy way

--

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"
- Isaiah 6:8

The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

"Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."

But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everywhere I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.
- Jeremiah 1:4-8

The LORD said, "...So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt."
...But Moses said, "O Lord, please send someone else to do it."
Then the LORD's anger burned against Moses....
- Exodus 3:7,10; 4:13-14a

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."
- Jesus Christ, John 15:16

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
- Jesus Christ, Matthew 7:13-14

No comments: