Saturday, July 30, 2005

Insights from Inside (300705)I am not alone

Read: 1 Kings 19:1-18

Elijah was afraid and ran for his life.... "I have enough, LORD," he said. "Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors... I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too."

The LORD said to him, "...Yet I reserve SEVEN THOUSAND in Israel - all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and all whose mouths have not kissed him."

Read: 1 Samuel 17:45-47

David said to the Philistine, "You came against me with sword and spear and javelin but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will hand you over to me, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head. Today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by the sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's and he will give all of into our hands."

--

If I am alone, I should know that it's wrong. I have many brothers out there and I am not alone.

But if I am really alone and nobody is left but me, I should know that it's also wrong. If I am on God's side, I know God is with me and, again, I am not alone.

With God, I'll never be alone and therefore there should be no reason for me to be afraid.

No comments: