Thursday, July 28, 2005

At last it works

This morning I received an email from a friend of mine. He is doing his graduate study in one of the northest countries in the world. He told me that he has been reading my blogs from quite a time ago and he said that through them he felt blessed. My heart was filled with great joy because at last what I have been tryin' of doing has come to its main purpose: to be a blessing for the visitors and readers. Thank you bro! I see this as a strong signal from God that I've got to try harder to practice writing, digging the potential God has given me which has been lying dormant in me for so many years.

From this, I become more convinced on the powerful impact that (written) media may create. I've finished reading a book about someone "great" that you must have known. See, his life was changed because of the influence of a cheap magazine. I'll write another blog on this, I promise you.

Besides that, I also learn how the Internet is key in modern human life. As a technology, it can be used for good or bad purposes. For God's Church, it's a golden opportunity now to use it as media to spread the Good News very effectively. It can reach so many people at the same time, unlimited by nearly any thinkable borders, and in a relatively low cost. I think the Internet, and also wireless communication technology, is a clear sign that Jesus will come soon since without it, I guess, it will take much more years for the Good News to be heard by all people and races of the world (Mark 13:10).

This is a huge movement that paints the history of the world and I'm now a small part of it by writing blogs.

How about you?

No comments: