Saturday, July 23, 2005

Insights from Inside (230705)The Unity of Love and Obedience

Read: John 14:15-15:17

"If you love me [Jesus], you will obey what I command." (v. 14:15)

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." (v. 14:22)

"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." (v. 14:23)

"He who does not love me will not obey my teaching." (v. 14:24)

"...I love the Father and ... I do exactly what my Father has commanded me." (v. 14:31)

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love." (v. 15:9)

"If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love." (v. 15:10)

"I have told you this so that my joy will be in you and that your joy may be complete." (v. 15:11)

"MY COMMAND IS THIS: LOVE EACH OTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU." (v. 15:12)

--

Obedience to God's command is the only product and prove of one's love to God.

No other highest reasons in obeying God's commands than to love God.

Everyone who loves Jesus must obey his command which is to love each other as Jesus has loved him/her.

True full joy will be in the lives of those who love others as the result of their love to God.

No comments: