Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Happy 34th Anniversary Perkantas!

Today is history for Perkantas (Persekutuan Kristen Antar Universitas) or Intervarsity Christian Fellowship. God has blessed her for a long 34 years, a mature age for a man. Her vision was to equip Christian students and alumni to be Christian leaders that may faithfully become "salt and light of the earth", bringing good news of Jesus Christ in families, offices, cities and nations, especially Indonesia. Perkantas, whose one founder is Mr. Jonathan Parapak, clearly recognizes the strategic role of students to their nation's future. Why? Because "student today, leader tomorrow". Influence a nation's students, they'll influence their nation.

Perkantas was, is and will always be a special part of my life. I thank God for transforming me during my school days at Institut Teknologi Bandung through the ministry of Perkantas at Bandung, known as Open House ministry. I can't tell you how I have been changed coz it's a long story. Through the four years, I came across to the knowledge that God loves me so much that he gave his Son to die on the cross for me. And that's ot enough. He also has wonderful grand plan for me to use me as his instrument and servant. The best life I can imagine of having in my life. Blessed to be a blessing. I don't know how he'll use me, but I am sure he will show me the way as long as I trust and obey him, step by step.

Thank you Perkantas for becoming God's wonderful agent to bless Indonesia. Thank you for the founding fathers for your vision, integrity and obedience to God. My sincere gratitude goes to the faithful (former) staffworkers of Perkantas that have painted my life: Bang Iim, Bang Erick, Bang Tiopan, Kak Iin, Pak Mangapul Sagala, Bang Jimmi, only to name a few. You may not understand how God has bless me through your life, but I know. Thanks a lot for your dedication. Thanks also for numerous faithful alumni that have set themselves as model for me as young Christian, showing me how to strive shining in the world that grows darker each day.

Vivat Perkantas!

"Don't pray that God's on our side, pray that we're on his side. "
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

No comments: