Thursday, June 30, 2005

Golden Rule Rules!

Do you know the Golden Rule? Yup! It's written clearly in the Bible, said by Jesus 2000 years ago. I think, to the extreme, you can forget all other verses of the Bible but this one. It sums up all good teaching in the universe.

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you." (Matthew 7:12, NIV)

It is easily memorized or said, but doing it? Huah! That's the hardest thing in life, I think. Why? Because in my opinion many times we forget what we want to have others do to us. And it happened to me this afternoon.

I love fun. I like jokes and sometimes I like to make jokes on my colleagues, just to light the atmosphere. My friends are also used to do it on me. So, in the middle of conversation on lunch, I did it to a friend. And I got shocked in the next minute. He was pissed off! I was petrified, trying to figure out what I had done. I did say sorry but still, I felt uneasy, until now. At that time the verse above echoed in my mind. I realized then that Golden Rule rules. This experience taught me to remember the Rule before I say or do something to others.

How about you? Any comments?

No comments: